Dear FFC Family and Friends,
In recent weeks there have been several announcements regarding updated Covid-19 guidelines. We thought it would be best to clarify for you how FFC will respond to these changes as of June 2, 2021. From the beginning of this pandemic we prayed, consulted with medical personnel, and investigated best practices. As a result, we have been able to offer a variety of ways for people to worship and connect while remaining safe. We are committed to continue doing just that.
So, beginning June 2, 2021, our guidelines will be as follows:
- Masks are optional. Please do what you feel is best for you based on your comfort level.
- Social distance seating in the sanctuary will remain in effect.
- We will continue our no or low-contact practices for collecting offering, serving communion, distributing information, etc.
- We will not require everyone to exit the lobby immediately following service. However, while the weather is nice, we do encourage you to catch up with each other outside.
- Our sanctuary, bathrooms and high touch surfaces will be sanitized in preparation for each service.
Our Youth Ministry is planning some in-person, outdoor gatherings for the summer. We are planning to reopen our preschool and elementary ministry by early September.
Finally, for those not yet comfortable in crowds, we encourage you to attend our 8:30 a.m. service. We still have room for you to join us! Also, we will continue to stream our 10:00 a.m. service.
We are excited that our doctors and health officials feel as though it is safe for us to open more broadly. However, we ask that all extend grace and understanding to one another throughout this transition. There is a broad spectrum of valid concerns and comfort. At FFC, our objective is still to offer you as many opportunities as possible to help you get connected to Christ and to community.